The WildJar tracking code must be installed on site. You can check if the dynamic script is installed by following the article at this link.
Use an Incognito or Private Browsing window
The best way to test if numbers are switching is to use an Incognito or Private Browsing window. WildJar's tracking code requires a first time visitor, otherwise it may appear the dynamic script is not working correctly when in fact it is. For example, if you have already visited the site through an organic search, WildJar will recognise you as an Organic visitor rather than the source you are currently testing.
Testing Google Paid (Google AdWords)
You can manually simulate a Google Paid click by appending "?gclid=test" to the end of your website URL - without the need to click on a live ad e.g. https://www.mywebsite.com/?gclid=test
Testing Organic Search (all search engines)
- Open your incognito or private browser
- Navigate to the search engine you wish to test (i.e if you have a unique number configured for Google, Yahoo, Bing etc)
- Search for your business name and click on the link
- Check the phone number is correctly showing the tracking number you have configured for Organic.
Testing UTM tagged URL's (Display, Banner, EDM's etc)
To test your manually tagged URL's, simply append the UTM parameters you set for the tracking number to the end of your URL to simulate a visit.
- Firefox Tracking Protection: Mozilla Firefox activates tracking protection by default in Private Browsing Mode in desktop and Android versions, and since April 2018 in both normal and Private Browsing in the iOS version. This stops most tracking scripts, such as Google Analytics and WildJar, from firing and your numbers will not switch. You must disable tracking protection to see your WildJar numbers switch.
Still having problems?
If you are still having problems getting the number to switch, or it is not displaying as expected we are more than happy to help. Send an email to our support team, including a link to the website and we will check it out!