Using a WildJar tracking number in your Google My Business listing allows you to correctly attribute and gather more in-depth information on all of your calls. This article will outline best practice for using WildJar to track calls from your Google My Business listing.
Create a tracking number
- Select your Account and go to Settings > Numbers
- Request a new tracking number and select "Anywhere else!"
- Enter your Source Name and Destination Number and click "Continue"
- Complete the routing and call alert configuration as per your requirements and confirm the order.
Configure your tracking number in your Google My Business listing
- Sign into Google My Business and, if you manage multiple locations, select the location you wish to edit. Click Info.
- In the Phone Number section, click the pencil icon.
- Click Add Phone Number and move your current "Primary phone" number to the "Additional Phone" field.
- Enter your WildJar tracking number into the "Primary phone" field.
- Click apply
Once you have applied the changes, it may take 3 days for your tracking number to be shown on your listing.
Comparing your call data in WildJar to Google My Business
You may see different call counts between Google My Business' Insights Report and your WildJar Portal as we are reporting on different data.
You will generally see a different call count in Google My Business' Insight Report as it only counts calls made from click-to-call on mobile devices. When you look at WildJar reporting, you will see all calls made, regardless of device.