Once you have added contacts to a list, you can set up your outbound SMS campaign using the below steps:
- Navigate to My Jar > SMS. If SMS Board is not selected, click SMS Board from the main menu.
- Click on the New Campaign button
- Enter the details for your campaign:
Campaign Name - The name of your campaign.
Reference # - An internal reference to identify your campaign.
Sender - Select the outbound mobile number to send your campaign from.
Message - Enter the text for your campaign as well as an opt-out message. The counter will show how many characters you have used. If you exceed 160 characters, the message will be split across two SMS messages.
Lists - The contact list you would like to send the SMS campaign to. If you have not created a list, you will need to add contacts to a list first.
Scheduled Sending Time - The time and date you would like the campaign to be sent. Please leave this blank if you would like to send it out immediately.
- Click Preview
- You will be shown a preview of your message, an estimate of the campaign cost and the opportunity to send a test message.
- If you are happy with the preview, click Close Preview.
- Click Send.