Using Google Tag Manager is the quickest and easiest way to install the WildJar tracking script.
- Google Analytics (Universal or Global Site Tag) must fire on all pages to capture visitor session information and attribute calls to online sessions
Adding the WildJar tag to your GTM container
- Log into your Google Tag Manager account and select your container
- Click New Tag
- Name your tag with something descriptive, like WildJar, and click Tag Configuration
- Choose Custom HTML under Custom as the tag type
- Copy the WildJar tracking code from the dynamic number insertion configuration screen.
You can access this in the dashboard, in either of the below locations:
- Numbers > click on source name > click the Dynamic Numbers (DNI) tab
- Integrations > click on the website domain
- Paste it into the HTML text box in GTM.
- Triggering and select All Pages
- Click Save in the top right corner
- Publish your changes